Araceli Sancho – Spain
This piece wants to talk about human fusion. Fusion between orient and occident, between classical and modern, between male and female. All as a part of a bigger thing HUMANITY. The piece is formed out of many simbolic parts. A bowler, a japanese bun with ornaments, a modernlooking ball that it is also a vase with computer keys for a modern classical orchid made with a can of Coke, a tradicional haircomb with a QR on it. A label with instructions to look after all, and a veil which is female and male at the same time.
- Fur Felt
- silk abaca
- gros grain
- cold porcelain
- hot fix beads
- I blocked three different pieces. A fur Felt ” bowler “, a buckram doughnout and a sinamay and leather Ball.
- Sew all them, covering the buckram with silk abaca and the top part of the bowler with leather.
- I cut the alluminium and plastic to form an orchid attached to a spring wire.
- I also made the sprouts and other flower parts with cold porcelain and painted them.
- I made a Hole in the sinamay Ball to put the eyelet.
- I put the computer keys inside the Ball and added the hot fix beads all over the edge.
- I added a plastified QR code to the haircomb and sew it.
- I drew the back label on srink plastic and sew it.
Your Free Issue of HATalk
Join our mailing list to receive a free issue of HATalk e-magazine.