Catharina Carlsson – Sweden
The balancing act
One of my greatest inspirations, nature, balances on a thin line. When its smallest components are at risk, we who are higher up in the food chain are dangerously close to disaster. Something we might close our eyes for. I know I often do. On my hat, an enlarged insect tries to find the equilibrium on the brim and I hope we humans try to do the same in nature.
- Straw braid
- Sequins and beads
- Silk fabric
- Strawbraid sewed and blocked by hand
- Blocked sinamay
- Made pattern and machine embroidered wings
- Assembled insect and embroidered with beads and sequins
- Sew on cut pieces of lace
- Made pattern for flowers and laser cut them
- Shaped and sew on flowers
Learn to Make Beautiful Hats and Fascinators
HATalk has the largest online library of step-by-step millinery projects in the world. Begin your FREE trial today and get instant access to:
- All step-by-step millinery projects
- Hints and tips tutorials
- A new monthly issue of HATalk e-magazine, a digital publication for hat makers and enthusiasts loaded with great content
- Access to the entire back issue library of over 160 issues of HATalk e-magazine (download them them all today if you’d like!)
HATalk projects and e-magazines are great for both beginners and expert makers. There is something for everyone and the project library is always growing.
Click HERE to begin your no-risk FREE Trial!
We are sure you will absolutely love being a HATalk subscriber. And, even if you don’t, it won’t cost you anything to find out.
Step-by-Step Millinery Projects
Below are just a few millinery projects for you to try. Click HERE to view the entire library of step-by-step millinery projects by HATalk.