Judith Solodkin – USA
A simple interpretation of 2 spheres in balance and positioned on the side of the head to indicate equilibrium. The translucency of materials makes both spheres ethereal and the iridescence reflects the light so the hat seems to hover achieving perfect balance.
- Sinamay, Plain and Iridescent
- Crinoline and Horsehair
- Velvet Flower and Leaves
- Velvet Headband
- Satin silk binding
- Formed layered Sinamay fabric over wooden block
- Wired Crinoline and layered horsehair in circle with folds
- Velvet Fabric manipulated with Flower heating tools
- Head Band wired and covered with velvet ribbon
Learn to Make Beautiful Hats and Fascinators
HATalk has the largest online library of step-by-step millinery projects in the world. Begin your FREE trial today and get instant access to:
- All step-by-step millinery projects
- Hints and tips tutorials
- A new monthly issue of HATalk e-magazine, a digital publication for hat makers and enthusiasts loaded with great content
- Access to the entire back issue library of over 160 issues of HATalk e-magazine (download them them all today if you’d like!)
HATalk projects and e-magazines are great for both beginners and expert makers. There is something for everyone and the project library is always growing.
Click HERE to begin your no-risk FREE Trial!
We are sure you will absolutely love being a HATalk subscriber. And, even if you don’t, it won’t cost you anything to find out.
Step-by-Step Millinery Projects
Below are just a few millinery projects for you to try. Click HERE to view the entire library of step-by-step millinery projects by HATalk.