Lauren Ritchie – Australia
The composition of the cubes within the piece demonstrates a balance. The geometric lines intersect with each other, disrupting the flow but offsets the different scale of each shape restoring a sense of equilibrium within the piece.
- Silver braid
- Velvet Ribbon
- The piece is constructed with a series of cubes. There are three sized cubes balanced together to form the piece.
- Each cube is created from square wire shapes that have been cut, straightened and shaped before they are joined and wrapped with the silver braid.
- The cubes were place to interlock with each other and stitched into place. It is secured to the head with a headband and elastic.
Learn to Make Beautiful Hats and Fascinators
HATalk has the largest online library of step-by-step millinery projects in the world. Begin your FREE trial today and get instant access to:
- All step-by-step millinery projects
- Hints and tips tutorials
- A new monthly issue of HATalk e-magazine, a digital publication for hat makers and enthusiasts loaded with great content
- Access to the entire back issue library of over 160 issues of HATalk e-magazine (download them them all today if you’d like!)
HATalk projects and e-magazines are great for both beginners and expert makers. There is something for everyone and the project library is always growing.
Click HERE to begin your no-risk FREE Trial!
We are sure you will absolutely love being a HATalk subscriber. And, even if you don’t, it won’t cost you anything to find out.