Anya Morris – United Kingdom
My interpretation of the theme ‘Equilibrium’ is balance and colour. I have chosen a delicate shape with a spiral to portray the very delicate nature of balance. The larger amount of feathers to the use of a small cluster of beads to allow the carbon fibre rod to balance on the point of the spiral. I have used the colour orange for the base and spiral to show the balancing point the centre colour of red and yellow mixed together being orange.
- Swarovski Crystal Beads
- Carbon Fibre Rod
- Acrylic Paint
- Sewing Materials
- Petershim Ribbon
- Blocking (wooden hat blocks) small button shape and Spiral
- Cutting (scissors)
- Hand sewing
- Painting the carbon fibre rod
- Binding the feathers together over a wire and then binding the feathers with thread to attach to the carbon fibre rod
- Wiring the beads together
- Gluing the group of beads to the carbon fibre rod
Learn to Make Beautiful Hats and Fascinators
HATalk has the largest online library of step-by-step millinery projects in the world. Begin your FREE trial today and get instant access to:
- All step-by-step millinery projects
- Hints and tips tutorials
- A new monthly issue of HATalk e-magazine, a digital publication for hat makers and enthusiasts loaded with great content
- Access to the entire back issue library of over 160 issues of HATalk e-magazine (download them them all today if you’d like!)
HATalk projects and e-magazines are great for both beginners and expert makers. There is something for everyone and the project library is always growing.
Click HERE to begin your no-risk FREE Trial!
We are sure you will absolutely love being a HATalk subscriber. And, even if you don’t, it won’t cost you anything to find out.